During the gidroaviasalon in Gelendzhik made general director of the concern "Vega" Vladimir Verba. This is the country's leading enterprise for the development of UAVs
. Unmanned aerial vehicles of domestic production should be used by government customers, including the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
His words of
Vladimir Verba that the Federal Security Service of Russia is one of the company's customers became a real sensation, and they are already buying equipment. “The FSB decided that at the initial stage they are satisfied with the equipment that we have today. The FSB forms new orders for us, and we are successfully cooperating today, ”said Vladimir Verba.
At the moment, the company "Vega" produces several types of UAVs:
* Tipchak multipurpose complex
* Small complex reconnaissance and observation of the battlefield with the remotely-piloted apparatus "Bee-1"
* Air surveillance complex with unmanned aerial vehicle "Stork"
* Complex remote area review with unmanned aerial vehicle helicopter type ZALA 421-02
* Aircraft-type complex with unmanned aerial vehicle ZALA 421-04
* Small-sized multi-purpose unmanned aerial vehicle helicopter type ZALA 421-05H
* Complex remote area review with unmanned aerial vehicles ZALA 421-08
* Complex remote area review with unmanned aerial vehicle type ZALA 421-09
Until now, it was believed
that domestic UAVs in all respects are inferior to Western ones. The state spent on the development and testing of UAVs 5 billion rubles, but the tests ended unsuccessfully, and in 2009 Russia was forced to buy a trial batch of Israeli vehicles.
The Ministry of Defense announced that it will buy domestic UAVs only when they catch up with Western specimens (Vega promises to do so by 2013). However, the FSB is already satisfied with the quality of domestic technology.