Today, many companies are interested in being present on the main and specialized social media sites. However, more often than not, they have little idea what they need to do there and, as a result, they limit themselves to re-posting their own news and promotions. At the same time, the tape in a blog or a page on a social network looks dry, unattractive to visitors. As a result - weak dynamics of the increase in the number of users.
How to correct this situation and make the customer communication with their customers more alive and well? In this article, bit by bit, based on the experience of communicating with customers, general errors and recommendations on content management in the social network Facebook and Twitter microblog are collected. If the company adheres to them, then its activity in social media will be much more effective.
First, a small dictionary:
- Twitter is a microblogging service, the length of messages is limited to 140 characters.
- Tweet - tweet.
- Following is the twitter account you subscribed to, and you can see all of its records.
- Follower is a twitter account that has subscribed to you and sees all your posts.
- The hash tag is an expression like #slovo, which denotes the subject of this tweet. Conveniently search for tweets on one topic.
- Sheets - a list of twitter accounts, which are combined by any attribute.
- Trend is a popular topic that is discussed by a large number of users.
- A large number of links to the main page with a modified description of the company's services. Most users are not interested to read this, and even more to click on the same link, they already understand what you are doing, give them new content.
- Links in each tweet. By default, such an account is considered advertising-spam and is most often excluded from the number of possible followings.
- Attempt to find "competitors". Placed content is more interesting for competitors than for potential buyers.
- Placing links without text description. A rare person will click on the link, not knowing what awaits him there.
- The dry corporate style of tweets is unlikely to interest followers who come to Twitter for the rest.
- Post links no more than every third tweet. Do not put more than one link to the main page. Put links not only on your site, but also on interesting materials on other resources.
- Pay attention to the interests of your target audience, look for content that will be interesting to them, create your own. These can be articles, contests, videos. It's okay if you promote someone else's content, they may push you back in response, and followers will know that you can find interesting information on Twitter.
- For each link be sure to attach a capacious informative and exciting description. “Look, a very funny movie” is not the best option. "Translator in confusion, funny blunders" - much better.
- Find a topic (your chip), which is close to you on the subject and is interesting to the target audience. Post regularly tweets on this topic, supplying them with a special hash tag (you can borrow a popular hash tag or come up with your own).
- From time to time post live posts about the weather, about the situation in your office, about a great corporate event, etc. Followers should understand that tweets are written by a living person, not a robot.
- Actively use the search. You can search for people by interest, according to reports in trends in accordance with the desired subject, then follow them. The more followers you have, the more people will follow you back. Those who do not follow you, you can then oll out, for this there are automatic programs. Accordingly, follow in response to those who follow you, excluding bots.
- If possible, personalize your twitter account. Best of all, if it belongs to a specific employee of the customer company, it will be placed his picture and information about him. Ideally, this will be the director / owner of the company.
On Facebook, the same mistakes are most often present: an excessive amount of links to the main page and a dry corporate style. Only descriptions for links are irrelevant, since on Facebook they are put down automatically, pulling content from the page by reference.
- You should not put links on the main page, make them only on pages with news, announcements, new services and various promotions. Make more interesting links to other sites with information on the subject. For two third-party links should be no more than one link to your resource.
- Facebook users love various aphorisms and sayings. Select them by topic and post as a status. Also various apt remarks directly related to the work of the organization will do.
- Regularly post photo albums related to the activities of the company.
- To encourage employees of the client company and its customers to register on Facebook and post photos and links there, leave comments and create topics on the forum related to the work of the company. Come up with any bonuses and prizes for the most active.
- Anyone who likes the community on Facebook at first send a personal message with gratitude and perhaps some kind of offer (discount, promotion, bonus for participation, and so on, but not just advertising).
Thus, for the effective presence of the company in social media, you need to follow a few simple rules: do not abuse links, write live and understandable messages, meet the interests of the target audience.
Unfortunately, practice shows that not all managers on the part of the customer are able to immediately grasp the essence of these recommendations, therefore, especially at the beginning of work, the agency will have to suggest, suggest topics for posts and perform part of the work on content generation.
The audience of the sites considered are active, educated and technically advanced people. Therefore, if your product is designed for such consumers, then you should start working on Facebook and Twitter now: if not to attract customers, then in order to increase brand awareness among the target audience or even, for example, in search of qualified personnel.