Everyone loves the social network VKontakte, but the best feature for most is access to a huge database of media information, like music and video. Recently, there are more than a dozen services and programs that make it possible to facilitate the finding of media content and downloading it to disk. But in each of them there was some small flaw, due to which one had to look for an alternative version. As a result, in my use there were 3-4 service programs for searching and downloading music files from VK. There is such a principle in life, it does not suit something - do it better, and that's when it came to studying VK API, I decided to try to do what would suit me in one set.
It all started with the usual VK IFrame application, well, it just so happened that I put emphasis on HTML instead of Flash, and all right, AIR equalized everything. I mastered the API quickly, wrote a prog (if anyone is interested
), but the result did not even reach the analogs on the very same VK.
Fortunately I learned about Adobe AIR, which allows using Web technologies to write desktop applications. This meant closer integration with the computer (for example, for proper naming of downloaded files). The port of the web version on AIR passed quickly and without problems, but I had to suffer with the transition from VK API to VK Desktop API. For many analogues (AIR applications for searching Vkontakte), the work algorithms consist in sending a request to regular pages (search.php) and then parsing the page, I decided to try the Desktop API in action, and using debugging tools made it work as expected. If anyone is interested in the development process, I will describe it later.
In the music section, there is a search, providing the opportunity to search for an artist in the following services:
- LastFM Top 50 - a list of 50 popular songs by the artist according to Last FM
- LastFM Top Albums - a list of popular albums of the artist according to Last FM (when you click on the album, the list of tracks in it is loaded)
- LastFM Similar Artists - a list of similar artists in the genre with Last FM (when you click on the artist, the Top 50 of his tracks is loaded)
- Discogs Releases - the list of releases of the artist on the discs from Discogs (when you click on the release, the list of tracks from it is loaded)
- Discogs Label Releases - label release list (when you click the track list is loaded)
In the search line, Live-search works with Last FM, when selecting an artist in the Live Search line, the Top 50 of its tracks is loaded. If the artist is not found in the search, the first search result for this query on Last FM is selected.
After downloading tracks, when you click on it, intelli-search is in contact, choosing the most popular option from the last hundred, with the same popularity choosing the longest. After the track is loaded into the cache, information about the track (size, bitrate) becomes available. In the drop-down menu (right-click) you can select the following options:
- Download - Download a track to a folder on a local disk (procheshennye tracks swing instantly, if several tracks are put on the download in succession, they are added to the queue)
- Change - Change source (in fact, the same track is now searched in the context of sorting by duration - descending. Thus, there are various remixes for the track (search decrement - 4 seconds)
- Remove - Remove track from the list
Further menu items serve as links to the corresponding search options (by artist).
Another feature of the program is the top Russian radio, and later foreign radio stations will be added.
At the moment, there is a video search for 3 services:
- YouTube - 48 tracks are downloaded at a time, to download the next one, you need to click the button below.
- RuTube - It loads over 20 tracks at a time (it may be unstable, due to the moronic API provided by this service (document.write, script.src, etc.)
- Vkontakte - provides search by last downloaded (search either in title only - left results are discarded, or more results in description too), or by duration (in this case the search goes on all available tracks in the API of which is the first 1000 (but in reality less).
The settings tab allows you to customize the folder for downloading music files and contains a link to the VK account registration page.
Plans to make it possible to download videos, rip out a music track from video, playlists, work with local files and much more.
(necessary to run the program)DropboxRapidshare
The author of this development is kolor