Piwik 1.0 released - free alternative to Google Analytics
Good news for webmasters and site owners. Finally released analyst Piwik
with promising version 1.0
For those who first heard this name, you should point out the main features of the library:
- Complete and absolute free of charge without pitfalls
- Availability of all GPL source codes
- Extensible with plugins architecture
- Real-time statistics update
- These analytics are available only to you and no one else (Google is a little nervous)
About the growing popularity of Piwik, this Google Trends chart says enough:
For Piwik to work, PHP and MySQL should run on the server - this requirement is hardly a problem for someone now.
In my opinion, there are three main motives for applying Piwik in your project:
- You do not want to share data on site traffic with Google, LiveInternet and other available counters.
- You need advanced or special reports that are almost impossible to obtain using standard tools.
- You really need operational reporting, not data that was late for a couple of hours
If so, welcome to the club!