Since the publication of the last topic
, three months have already passed - an ambiguous time by the standards of soft-building.
It cannot be said that something has changed drastically, but the player is developing and transforming, errors are constantly being corrected, new functions are being added.
For those who are not familiar with Clementine
- in short, the program can be described as an attempt to create a player like Amarok 1.4, which is not dependent on kdelibs, and even cross-platform. The attempt, by the way, is quite successful.
From the last branch, the list of features has expanded somewhat:
- Search and play a local library
- Listen to the radio from Last.fm , SomaFM and Magnatune
- Tabs playlists, import \ export M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX
- Visualization projectM
- MP3 Transcoding, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or AAC
- Editor tags MP3 and OGG files to organize music
- Cover manager with the ability to download missing from Last.fm
- Cross platform - works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- Native desktop notifications on Linux (libnotify) and Mac OS X (Growl)
- MPRIS support in Linux, or remote control via a command line
Having a difficult path from 0.3 to 0.4, Clementine became more stable and faster. I myself tried to take part in the correction of errors that interfere with the normal use of this player.
It should be noted that the developers are quite responsive, they quickly respond to normal bug reports and correct errors.
Fix bugs and add features
- Display of Cyrillic symbols in the library and playlist. For some reason, no one reported this bug before. I left a bug report to the developer and after a short trial the problem was fixed. The reason was complete confusion in the music tags. Many people know that, contrary to all standards, you can still find tags in some exotic encoding (and not in Unicode).
- Incorrect output of the file path in the tag editor. There is such a case when the track you are listening to must be sent, for example, via an IM messenger. By default, the track information window showed regular slashes in the file path, instead of the Windows-specific bax slashes. Apparently, the problem was just that the development is conducted under Linux.
- Grouping errors. Previously, in case of errors, many windows with errors could pop up, but now errors are grouped.
- Cancel \ Repeat playlist.
- Analyzers (mini-visualizations under the playback control buttons) now work in Windows.
- Global hotkeys. Finally, this function is completed in all operating systems and works fine.
- Improved tag editor
- Management from the command line.
- MPRIS support
- OSD for OS without native notifications.
- Improved sound directsound8 driver from Songbird.
- Using the current icon theme in Linux
- Search \ Playlist Filter.
- Normalization ReplayGain
- Rain. Background sounds of rain from http://www.rainymood.com/ . Actually in the heat!
- And other fixes and new features
Download the release here: code.google.com/p/clementine-player/downloads/list
The buildbot revision builds for windows can be found here: builds.clementine-player.org/win32
(full-fledged installer). I can recommend if you want to always have the latest version or track bug fixes.
May the music be with you!